Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Is this Louisiana??

Well guys, I am going to keep this brief tonight. I haven't posted in a few days and haven't gotten a photo of the day up in a while.

It has been a LONG two days. Sadly, we were in the path of the flooding you have all heard about here in Nashville. This is unlike anything I have ever seen here!

As you may know, I am married to a true New Orleans native. All day long, as we moved stuff out of our basement full of water, he kept saying "I thought I moved away from all this mess!"

This is my backyard.


Yep, that is my kids' trampoline. It's actually a pretty picture. You can see the sun shining and reflecting all the trees in the water.

I have to say, though, I am very blessed. As we surveyed the river flowing into our house this morning our family and friends began to show up. They got to work, brought food, called, all asking what they could do next. They were fantastic!

I am so thankful to say that our prayers were answered and the waters have begun to recede! While everything is still a stinky mess, the water is no longer standing in my basement. It is mostly just puddles here and there. I will post more pictures in the coming days as the cleanup begins.

For more pictures, including that of DCA where my Cameron goes to school and many others, visit my friend Beth's blog here. It is simply devastating.

You will not see me complaining! I am so grateful, it could have been so much worse and there are many people out there tonight in worse shape than me.

Please pray for all the families who have lost so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment