Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

I LOVE my Nashville!!

So, today's topic over at Kelly's Korner is "Show us your hometown". Well, mine just happens to have been in the news a lot lately! Anyone who has read my blog in the last month can tell you that I am a native of Nashville, TN. and I absolutely LOVE it here!


I have lived in several places in the U.S. but I could never wait to get back "home." This city is known to most as Music City USA. I can walk down the street in certain parts of town and pass by any number of well known celebrities. I met Martina McBride once..... she came into the clinic where I was working as a receptionist.

I booked Tracey Lawrence's children for swim lessons.

Hillary Scott, the lead voca
l in Lady Antebellum graduated from DCA where my children go to school, she came to visit them last week. All of that is fun and cool, and the city's reputation is well known, but it is also the least important thing about my town. Nashville is well known and has everything you could ask for in a big town, with the small town feel. We have the city life downtown, but you can also come across a farm full of animals within a few minutes drive. We also have the kindest, most generous people I have ever met.

I know we have all heard plenty about the recent Nashville flooding so I will keep it brief, but the way our people gave of themselves after such an awful tragedy was inspiring.


We are also the home of President Andrew Jackson. You can still visit his plantation home, The Hermitage. I had my wedding reception there 10 years ago!


Basically, Nashville is a true southern hometown. It's my hometown....


No comments:

Post a Comment