Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fives - 5 random questions....

Just Me and My Life

Today's Friday Fives over at my friend Beth's blog is "Five random questions about me" so here goes!

1. Are you a MAC or a PC?
Well, I hate to disappoint you all, but I am a PC! I know the craze surrounding the MAC especially being a photographer, and I have used them some. However, I am happy and comfortable with my pc. I am a PC user and I am proud of it!


2. If you could go anywhere on vacation this summer, where would you go??
I would love to book myself in an all-inclusive somewhere.... Mexico, Bahamas... doesn't matter! If it is going to be blazing hot outside, I want to be in or beside the pool with a good book. I love the all-inclusive resorts because you don't have to worry about anything. You can eat what you want, when you want at your choice of dozens of different restaurants without ever having to carry a purse or money. They wait on you hand and foot and it is completely no stress, which is what I need right now!


3. Which is your most cherished childhood memory?
I have to say that I had a great childhood with so many wonderful memories. One thing that sticks out were the days my dad would take me to work with him. When I was little my dad, who was a full time officer in the Army National Guard as well as a pilot, worked as the director over the facilities in Smyrna. On the way there he would always stop at this little bakery to get me a doughnut! It didn't matter how much jelly or sugar, I got to pick out the one I wanted.


Once at work there were offices, but there we
re also airstrips and hangars full of helicopters and airplanes. I was fascinated by them! Dad would let me sit in them, talk on the loudspeaker, you name it. He also had a sweet secretary who was very patient with me, as I am sure she really didn't need all the help I tried to give!


4. What were you doing the last time you had a good laugh?
I was hanging with my wonderful girl friends on our recent girls' trip to New Orleans! We always have such a good time! Our trip was full of laughs, as always! Some of the best ones took place when we were just sitting in our room telling stories or talking over beignets and cafe au' lait at Cafe Du Monde.


5. What is your favorite book or magazine?
My favorite magazine is Real Simple. It has the best organizing tips and ideas! It also has great pointers for home improvement ideas on a budget! I am very frugal, so thi
s is just my style.
My favorite book is going to be a tough one! I really love to read, usually thriller
s, crime novels, etc. I don't care for the sappy love stories or the self-help stuff. I think the Dave Ramsey book was the only self-help book I have read (and it was great!)
However, the BEST book I have ever read was The Shack. It was heartbreaking at first, in fact I struggled to get past the first few chapters. I stuck with it, though. I was told that if you get past that part it is well worth it. Let me tell you that is absolutely the truth! This was the most inspiring, uplifting, and thought-provoking book I have ever come across! If you have not read it you need to hurry up and just do it! Without a doubt this book will change your life and change your perspective on living it!

2 comments:

  1. All-inclusive sounds awesome, especially with kids! i still haven't read the Shack but need to. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shack is an awesome book! I loved it. Hope you have a good Memorial Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete