Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A sad farewell.....


Well it is with a heavy heart that I write this post. Anyone who really knows me or has come to my house to pick up an order, have a session, or just say hello can tell you that they were greeted by my little dog, Bailey. A breed called Havanese, originating in Havana, Cuba, these dogs are traditionally owned by people with allergies who want a pet in the house without the sneezing or constant allergy medication that comes with other breeds because they are "non-shedding" and "hypo-allergenic". But, this is probably their least important quality. Mainly they are sweet, cuddly, loving little dogs who get VERY attached to their owner and look like the fuzzy end of a mop walking through the house.

Bailey was born May 24, 1995, making him roughly 15 years old. Sadly, night before last as I was going to bed I realized that Bailey (who was there already) had gone on to a better place. I knew it was coming, and even though I was devastated I was extremely thankful that God allowed him to go in this way. He was asleep in his favorite spot on the bed. He hated going to the vet and would shake uncontrollably if I even drove into their parking lot. So obviously the idea of taking him there to face his end was the worst thing I could imagine.

I debated whether I should post this. But, my little sis said it was a good idea... that it would be good for me. So, here it is. Bailey was a good dog, very loyal. He will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment