Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

sweet Keaton and great finds....


Well, it has been a few days since I wrote anything so I must apologize. Our house has been a little crazy this week! So much going on. But, I just had to write a little something about the sweet little boy I had the joy of working with yesterday!

Keaton is the very sweet and very adorable child of a very dear friend. I haven't gotten all of his stuff finished, but I wanted to post just a couple. He really reminded me of when my boys were little, with those full cheeks, "roly poly" thighs, and "cankles" that are perfect for pinching! I kept wanting to put my camera down to get my hands on him!

OK so several of you have asked me where I go to shop for my stuff, like this awesome old red chair Keaton is sitting on or the old croquet balls I gave him to play with. I hesitate to share my secrets, but i'll let you in on a few.....

As most of you know, I don't normally use the traditional, old fashioned backdrops and props you see in some studios. I like my stuff to be different and a bit unique! So for that I have to be creative and shop in unusual places.

My favorite place is the Flea Market! Yes, you read that correctly. I said the Flea Market!`That is where the croquet balls were discovered. Although I cannot take credit for those since they belong to my sister, who also helps me in my constant search for new "funky" fabrics, pillows, and anything that might make for a great shot.


Another place I like to shop is etsy! There is so much cool, creative stuff on there. One in particular that is great for very sweet, very affordable children's (monogrammed) clothes is Bitty Boutique. This is actually owned and operated by my sister-in-law in Louisiana. She is a college student with a unique talent for making adorable outfits at very reasonable rates! My niece has been lucky enough to receive a few and was happy to model them for me!





Now the awesome
red chair.... Sorry! That came from the loft of my late grandmother's barn!


No comments:

Post a Comment