Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year!!! and some savings....

Helloooooo!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! It went by so fast, I just can't seem to believe that it is already January.

So, for me and my holiday, I must it honest...... It sucked.

Yep, that's right, I said it. My Christmas was misery.

Don't get me wrong, I was blessed to receive some wonderful things. However, that is not what Christmas is about so I don't count that part in my enjoyment of the holiday. I did, on the other hand, get to spend time with family. That part is always nice!

So, back to the reason is was so bad..... Sadly, I had the flu! It was confirmed the next morning, when I braved the snowy roads to The Little Clinic at Kroger. I was there as soon as they opened. I must say I love that place! The PA I saw was wonderful and sweet and she gave me all the necessary meds to get me on my way to feeling better!

My New Year was much better!! We were able to spend time with good friends at "The Farm", my friend's family property that I have mentioned before here. It was fun as always!!

SO!! Now for the savings I mentioned!

I have to say that I was so busy during the weeks leading up to Christmas that I did not get to cut coupons or grocery shop much. It was sad, I actually missed it! I have become hooked on the rush I get from "beating the system" and finding such awesome deals. It was also pathetic how bare my fridge and cabinets became. I have a LOT of catching up to do, and I must tell you I am pretty excited about it!

I got back on track a week ago and managed to hit a few stores for some deals. However, the real savings came when I went to Harris Teeter for their SUPER DOUBLES! They double all coupons up to $1.98 during this sale and boy is that fun!

This is everything I got:
9 trays of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 bottles of Healthy Balance Juice
1 bottle magic shell
4 boxes Quantum Finish Dishwasher packs
2 cans Chunky soup
2 containers Clorox Wipes
1 box Lean Pockets
1 tube Colgate toothpaste
2 boxes 2000 Flushes toilet cleaner
2 packs Ziploc storage containers
1 bottle Seventh Generation Dish Soap
2 boxes Slim-Fast granola bars
4 packs Ramen Noodles
1 bottle Bailey's coffee creamer

Okay, are you ready for my total!?

I paid $38 plus tax, which made it roughly $43. Most of that price was from the chicken (about $25- which was on sale Buy1, Get 2 Free), which means I got all the rest for $13 and some things were just plain FREE! You just can't beat that! When I looked at my receipt it said that my savings came to $125!!! Yay!!!!

I was just so excited! I figured this was the perfect way to start the New Year! Why pay for things that I can get for free, right?

Oh yeah, the Super Doubles are going on through Tuesday if you want to give it a try!

Hope you all have a great New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment