Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

mmmm.... cupcakes!

Well, once again this will probably be fairly short.

I posted here the other day about making the leap into Cakes as Dixie Belle's and have since started a Facebook page for those of you interested in seeing my cakes.

Thank you to all those who have visited and sent me sweet messages. It is so exciting and rewarding to do something fun with my time that people actually enjoy.

I realized when I posted that day that there were no pictures of cupcakes, only the cakes. Oops!

So, here you go! I am so excited about some of these, they are just delightful!

Now, I just have to concentrate on NOT tasting every single thing I bake....

That's gonna be tough. I LOVE CAKE.

Anyway! Here are some recent cupcakes I have done. They were quite cute and I am currently working on new designs.... (oooh, this is FUN!)

These were really beautiful! No matter what angle I shot from though I could not seem to find one that did justice to these. All gathered together it looked like a bright flower garden on my table.


I love how sweet and simple these are. I dusted them with some sweet pink, sparkly color and added some edible pearls.

Very girlie.
I have 2 boys so I don't get to do much "girlie" stuff, so these really appeal to me (and my need for some pink occasionally...)

These are so cute! When you put a whole bunch of these together you have a whole bouquet of daisies! They are smaller than a typical cupcake, perfect for the small child with small hands. Perfect for a springtime tea party!


Let me tell you, these did not last long at my house! Yum is all I can say about this one. I made some similar to this and gave them out at Christmas. They were a big hit!



I have to say that this is one of my favorites. It's elegant, but not over the top. I love the little rose buds in the bright green, but I think they would be awesome in other colors too! Imagine this for a bridal shower in her colors..... very cool!

I must add that I would have posted these sooner, but my life as a photographer would not allow me to just snap a picture on my kitchen counter.

Some of the added enjoyment I get out of this process is figuring out the color and presentation. I want them to be tasty, but they also need to stand out and look good!

More designs to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment