Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sick boy

Today has been one of those days...

You know, those days when you think you will get lots of chores, etc. done around the house, errands run, work, and all that. Then all that goes out the window when you get a sick child.

Yep, its been one of those days. I just hope it's the last.

Yesterday I got the call that no parent likes.

"please come and get your child, he threw up all over the place." Ugghh.... OK.

Poor Christian.


I got to the school and he looked so pitiful. He was sitting in the bathroom, just waiting for the next round (or for me to show up, whichever happened first.) So, I took him home and put him in pj's, after which he curled up on the couch.

(He has the "pitiful" look down to perfection. I think he knows it works in his favor, even when he is clearly feeling better.)

He was able to sit up and eat this morning. He asked for cinnamon toast. I figured that was probably safe...

So rather than my endless "to do" list, today has mostly been spent cleaning, disinfecting, giving meds, and snuggling to endless movies. We have watched everything from 2012 to the minions of Despicable Me.. LOUD.


In the process I have discovered a thing or two.


1. Watching loud movies makes you feel better sooner.



2. Mom's cinnamon toast makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment