Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Internet hiatus...

Whew! Let me tell you, it has been rough the last couple of weeks.

I had been having trouble with my laptop for about a year now, but kept hoping it was nothing.

Silly me. Laptop problems are rarely nothing.

So, I took it to a friend to have him wipe it clean and re-load it with Windows XP. I just like XP better than Vista (but that is a whole other issue, I won't bore you with that now!)

It was bad enough to be without my sidekick while it was being worked on.

Then the bad news came...... "Your computer is toast." They actually said it in a nicer way, but you get the idea.

Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!! How am I supposed to get anything accomplished without my computer?
I was completely speechless. This meant I had to buy a new one. Ugh... my stomach sank.

I hate computer shopping!! As much as I feel like I know when it comes to using computers, I instantly feel like a moron when I have to shop for a new one.
Luckily my husband is better with all the technical "lingo" than I am. I just say "I want it to be fast and hold a lot of stuff." and he translates that into what I need. Love it!

So, long story short I have been without a computer for roughly 2 weeks!

I feel completely cut off from society. Isn't that crazy!? It is amazing how dependent we are on our technology. I think I even began having withdrawals....


And, as much as I love my Droid smartphone, it just isn't quite the same. My eyes begin to go crossed trying to Google on it for too long. Plus, let's face it, there are some things those smart phones just weren't meant to do, at least until Adobe figures out how to put Photoshop on there..... ooooh, now that would be cool!


Fortunately, the new computer I ordered arrived a couple of days ago. Naturally, being a different system than what I was used to there is a bit of a learning curve, but I am happy to say that I am finally back in the land of the "informed"!

So, hopefully I can get caught up on my work and be blogging again within the next few days.

I did a session with some great girls and their cousins a few days back and let me tell you the Spring is the perfect time! There are really some great places to shoot and right now everything is blooming!

They looked beautiful, (although I can't share them quite yet since they want this to be a "Mother's Day Surprise." I will post a few after, though!)

Call me now to book for spring before we get into the "Africa Hot Summer" we seem to always have here in the south!

I will probably have some more specials coming up so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment