Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

A little pampering!

The holiday were crazy this year!
Of course, the holidays are crazy every year.  I don't think I am alone in this dilemma.

Between work, kids, school, church, and all the activities that go with them I felt like I was sitting in the middle of a tornado with no way of hanging on.
When it was over, I started feeling a little under the weather. 

That, I expected.
Sadly, it happens every year.  I think when the craziness ends and I finally slow down, my body is confused and doesn't know how to respond.  Luckily this year it came only in the form of a cold, rather than the severe case of the flu I got last year (on Christmas Day, no less!)

This year I decided that when January rolled around, I would set aside a day  to do something for myself.  I rarely ever do anything like that!  Partly due to time constraints, and partly (mostly) due to cost. 
However, on this occasion I was given a gift certificate and I could not wait to use it!

If you live in the Donelson area, you have probably seen the Seraphim Salon and Spa. 
It sits just off Lebanon Rd in a beautiful old stone house.

My gift certificate was for a Natural Elements Massage.   As I stated above, it could not have come at a better time.  I could feel the tension and stress from my increasingly-gray roots all the way down to my toes!

I have to give them kudos, because it was by far the best Salon experience I have ever had!
First of all, when you go in, you are automatically taken over by something that smells really good.
It didn't smell like color and bleach the way some salons do.  First impressions are so important.

Second, the ladies at the front desk were all smiles, knew my name and greeted me warmly!  Before I could get a word out of what I was there for they asked me if I would like to relax with a cup of coffee or hot tea before my massage!

Hello! Can you say GREAT SERVICE!?

Next, I was taken upstairs to the area where the massage therapist works.  It was the most comfortable, relaxing atmosphere I could imagine outside of my own home! 
Before she came in, the massage therapist gave me a cup of the most delicious Aveda hot tea I had ever had, while sitting on a comfy sofa in a bath robe, with my feet in a hot bath.

Of course the massage was awesome too! 
It lasted about an hour.  Afterward, she refreshed my tea and gave me a glass of cold water to sip on before leaving.  I was surprised at how much the glass of water helped to "wake me up"! (I was so relaxed, I really didn't want to go anywhere, so this helped.)

So, if you are in the area and want to treat yourself, go for it! 
The ladies at Seraphim will take great care of you, treat you like family, and you will leave feeling like a whole new person!

No comments:

Post a Comment